Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Have You Seen My Leather Jacket?

Do you ever have one of those moments? The moments that last a span of a few days? I am in my let's-just-try-to-lose-as-much-as-I-can moment. I can't find my leather jacket, retainer, hands-free cord, or Bry's undies..another subject line. What makes it all so horrible is that I am useless for anything or anyone during these episodes. I look for these things constantly..in my head even more than physically. While I am sleeping..I am looking, waking..looking, knitting..looking, breathing..looking. I am pooped!
The worst it has ever been: My freind Kymie knit me a absolutley gorgeous purple lace shawl. I loved that thing. I wore it everywhere. If I was wearing jeans I wore it as a cute skirt. Well it came up missing. I was insane, desperate, and heartbroken. Everyone avoided me..my only topic was, 'Where is my shawl?' It got to when I would visit my mom my Aunt Fran would ask if I found it..for months. I never found it. I was soo scared poor Kymie would ask about it. The only thing I see that could have happened is I was wearing it as a cute skirt over my jeans, walking to Katz' and it fell in the street. It haunted me soo badly that afteer my dearest Aunt Fran passed away I found myself thinking, 'She knew what that shawl meant to me, if she is watching me..she'll find my shawl'. I told you..pa-the-tic.
Bry came home last night talking to his mom (with HIS hands-free)..having her look for the retainer at her house..hey..you never know..last time I lost it my mom called me and said guess what was in a clean glass on the top shelf of her cupboard..you got it..my freakin' retainer..haven't figured THAT one out yet. Bry saw me just sitting there unhappy, distant and tired (search-and-rescue for a week will take it out of ya let me tell ya). Who knows what stupid look was on my face..I think I was looking for my retainer this time. He started tearing through the house. He found my hands-free (in my roo) then his undies (my bra drawer)..still another subject. He says, 'Hey. We're fifty percent good'.
I think I'm better now. Perhaps I will actually get some sleep and stop roaming the planet in my dreams..wake up all refreshed..
Woke up this morning. As Bry is walking out the bedroom door..after the bye-kiss..I yell out, 'Ask your mom to look in the bathroom'. Hey you never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment